God’s Garden (Children’s Ministry) Coordinator
The purpose of this position is to provide overall leadership to the God’s Garden ministry for both Door Creek Church campuses (Sprecher campus and North campus).
Pastor of Children’s Ministry
- Be the primary visionary for all God’s Garden teams
- Recruit, direct, and encourage Team Leaders for Nursery and Early Childhood teams
- Be the CM staff presence for the Saturday 5:30pm service (2-3 times per month)
- Oversee GG ministry on Sunday mornings
- Ensure that each God’s Garden volunteer is prepared (trained) to serve in their given role
- Select and oversee curriculum used for preschool classes
- Ensure that each Nursery and Early Childhood team is fully staffed
- Conduct background and reference checks for each new volunteer
- Work with Team Leaders, CM Pastor, and other CM leaders to build volunteer teams
- Coordinate staffing of each God’s Garden team during the summer (Summer Serve)
- Ensure that child safety policies and procedures are communicated and practiced
- Oversee all communication of God’s Garden
- Lead teams in ministry evaluation and planning
- Oversee child registration and volunteer application and placement processes
- Complete room request forms for God’s Garden, Parent-Child dedication, and other events.
- Member of Life Stage team; help with extra events such as baptisms, family events, Grow Week, VBS, etc.
- 18 hours per week
- Saturday PM: 2-3 hours
- Sunday AM: 4 hours
- Weekdays: 11-14 hours
- Attend CM staff meeting
- Attend LifeStage meeting
- Attend All-Staff meetings and gatherings
The God’s Garden Director will be a growing follower of Jesus Christ, with a love for God and others (especially children), an ability and desire to lead, a positive attitude and outlook, a spirit of enthusiasm and optimism, the ability to work well with people and to resolve conflict well, sincere humility, a teachable spirit, and a team player.